Transfer between CDG and Orly Airport
You have a connection / transfer between Paris airports: Roissy – Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) and Orly airport? Here are all the necessary information to make your transfer, between the two airports, as smooth as possible.
Table of content
- Your connection between Roissy-CDG and Orly by train
- Your connection between Roissy-CDG and Orly by bus
- Your transfer between Roissy-CDG and Orly by taxi, VTC
- What about visiting Paris during your free-time without your luggage?
From Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport CDG:
- Bus: The Bus Direct transports you between the two airports. You will find the bus stops in Terminal 1 (Gate level 32), Terminal 2A-2C-2D: Gate C10 and Terminal 2E and 2F (Gate E8 / F9)
- Train: There are 2 stations for the RER B including the station “Charles de Gaulle Airport 1” which stops in terminals 1 and 3 and the station “Charles de Gaulle Airport 2 – TGV” which stops in all terminals 2 (A, C , D, E, F and G). RER B does not stop at Orly airport. You will need to make changes to access it (with an Orlyval or Orlybus).
- Taxi: taxis are available at the exit of the luggage collection area of your terminal arrival. Terminal 1: door 24 at the arrival level, Terminal 2A: door 6, Terminal 2C: door 14, Terminal 2D: door 7 , Terminal 2E: door 10 at the arrival level, Terminal 2F: door 11 at the arrival level, Terminal 2G: blue door, Terminal 3: exit from the arrival hall
- VTC: as for taxis, you must first book their service before getting in the vehicle (be aware of scams taxis or VTC)
From Paris Orly Airport:
- Bus: The Bus Direct transports you to Roissy-CDG airport from the West Terminal (Gate D, Arrivals level) and the South Terminal (Gate L Arrivals level). You also have the Orlybus which will take you to Denfert-Rochereau in the 15th arrondissement of Paris (you have to take the metro or the RER B towards CDG airport).
- Train: With the Orlyval, where the stations are located in the South (S) and West (W) Terminal. You can join the RER line B at the station “Antony” and then go to Paris Roissy-CDG airport.
- Taxi / VTC: Taxi stands are located near your arrival terminal: Terminal South, Door L, and Terminal West, Door B. Regarding the VTC, you must book on the applications before getting into the vehicle.
I) Your connection between Roissy-CDG and Orly by train
You want to take the train between the two airports? Here are the best options for your connection:
a) From Paris Roissy – Charles de Gaulle Airport:
- Take the RER B at Terminal 2 from the “Aéroport Charles-de-Gaulle 2 – TGV” station or the “Aéroport Charles-de-Gaulle 1” station for Terminals 1 and 3
- Leave at “Antony” station to take the Orlyval to the terminal of your choice at Orly airport
Note: You also have the option to exit at the “Denfert-Rochereau” station and then take the Orlybus.
b) From Paris Orly Airport (ORY):
- Take the Orlyval from the terminal of your choice
- At “Antony” station, take the RER B station towards Paris Roissy Charles de Gaulle Airport CDG
- RER B between the “Aéroport Charles-de-Gaulle 2 – TGV” and “Antony” stations: €12.50
- Orlyval: €9.30
d) Transit Time:
- Between 1h and 1h10 for the RER B between CDG airport and the station “Antony” with a smooth traffic. 1h30 if the traffic is disturbed. (Check the status of RER B traffic before you arrive in Paris on the website of the Transilien SNCF)
- 10 minutes on average by taking the Orlyval between “Antony” station and Orly airport.
II) Your connection between Roissy-CDG and Orly by bus
If you choose the bus to travel between Paris Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle and Orly airports, the easiest solution can be found with the company “Le Bus Direct". All terminals are served between the two airports on line 3.
a) Travel time between the two airports:
- Flowing traffic: between 1h10 and 1h20
- High traffic: between 1h30 and 2h
b) Prices of the “Bus Direct” (line 3):
- Adult price: € 21 (12 years old and over) – € 36 round trip
- Children’s rate: 13 € (between 4 and 11 years old) – 26 € round trip
- Free for children under 4 years old
- If you buy your ticket directly on the bus, a surcharge of € 1 is applied
Find all information on Line 3 of “Le Bus Direct”.
III) Your transfer between Roissy-CDG and Orly by taxi, VTC
If you choose to take a taxi or a VTC for your transit between the two airports, be very careful about your choice. Taxis do not have the right to approach you on your arrival and they have a luminous sign and a taximeter. Also, they must have a payment terminal that accepts credit cards. Regarding the VTC, check the registration plate of the vehicle, it must be the same as the one indicated in the application.
a) Taxi / VTC fares for transfer:
- Taxis: between 70 and 80 euros
- VTC: from 60 euros (you must book the VTC service)
b) Transit time:
- Flowing traffic: 1h to 1h15
- High traffic: 1h30 to 2h
You want to visit Paris for the day or only a few hours and you don’t know what to deal with your luggage during this time? You can find a luggage storage in Paris to enjoy your day peacefully.
IV) What about visiting Paris during your free-time without your luggage?
Do not waste time in airports while waiting for your connecting flight and enjoy Paris without worrying about your luggage. For example, if you arrive at Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle airport at 10AM and your next flight is at 18PM at Paris-Orly airport, you’ll have 8 hours to wait in the airport (including the transit to the airport). Why don’t you take the opportunity to visit Paris?