How to save time at CDG airport ?
You don’t want to waste time at the airport? Discover how to save time at Paris Charles-de-Gaulle Airport (CDG) by preparing well and using a service that will change your life!
Remember the last time you flew with heavy suitcases and you had to register them, pass the customs, wait for the plane 1 to 2 hours (if not more) and you were exhausted by all this wasting time. Find out 6 actions to avoid stress, effort and time wasting.
Table of content
- Save time now : check that you have not forgotten any documents
- Ensure the weight and size of your luggage before departure
- Get information on the traffic
- Be aware of frauds when you arrive at Roissy-CDG airport
- What about visiting Paris without your luggage ?
I) Save time now: check that you have not forgotten any documents
Do you know the stress of forgetting your passport or your medication while going to the airport and having to go back home?
Make a list of all the documents you need and check before leaving for the airport, especially if you are leaving for a country outside the European Union.
The essentials that you must check before your departure:
- Your passport and its validy
- Your identity card (for the European Union citizens)
- Your medications (with prescriptions if needed).
- Cash (in case your credit card does not work in France)
- Visa (make sure you do not need a visa to go to the country of destination).
You should also think about:
- Your travel kit: no liquid containers over 100 ml are allowed in the carry-on baggage. No limit if your kit is in checked-in baggage.
If you prepare everything in advance, you will be ready sooner when passing the security control. It takes around 15min to get through CDG security and 30 min to check your bags but but this varies depending on traffic and schedules. So, you must arrive at the airport 2 hours before the departure of your flight to drop off your luggage and serenely pass security control.
II) Ensure the weight and size of your luggage before departure
To save time, check the weight and size limits of your luggage. This can vary from an airline to another. Check out the 2020 Airlines Baggage Allowance.
Here are luggage allowances according to companies :
- Air France Baggage Allowance
- Ryanair Baggage Allowance
- Lufthansa Baggage Allowance
- Emirates Baggage Allowance
- British Airways Baggage Allowance
- China Eastern Airlines Baggage Allowance
- Wizz Air Baggage Allowance
III) Get information on the traffic (train, Bus, Taxi, Uber…)
How to reach Roissy – Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) from Paris? To save time, you must check the traffic status depending on how you’ll go to the airport: train, bus, taxi, private hire cars (Uber, Taxify) etc.
The traffic varies according multiple reasons: works, strikes, school holidays, traffic jams etc. Organizing your journey will guarantee you a stay in peace and potentially help you save time!
Check the suburb train line situation (RER B): the RER B
station is located in terminal 2 of Paris Charles-de-Gaulle airport (CDG). It is
better to check before heading to the station (wasting time changing the
terminal for nothing). Check the situation of the RER B traffic on the Transilien site of the SNCF. The
“normal” state announces that there will be no problem. The “disturbed” state
means that there is a technical problem with the line, or strikes.
- Check the road traffic before taking the bus / taxi / private hire cars: as for the RER B, you have to check the state of the roads between the airport and Paris. You don’t want to end up wasting time in the traffic jams. That’s why, on the days of big departure / return holidays and weekends, it is better to avoid the roads as much as possible meaning buses, taxis or VTC from 8 to 10am and 5 to 7pm. The RER B will take you to your destination much faster.
IV) Be aware of frauds when you arrive at Roissy-CDG airport
For information, taxis or private hire cars are not allowed to approach you on your arrival at the airport. Just follow the signs to the taxi area and take the first line. A taxi always has a sign on the roof of the vehicle.
The price is regulated from and to Paris Charles-de-Gaulle airport (CDG). From € 50 for the right side, and € 55 for the left. More information on taxis at the airport on this link.
V) What about visiting Paris without your luggage ?
If you arrived at the airport to soon or you have time to visit Paris between your flights, you can book a luggage storage in Paris or at CDG Airport, in order to visit this beautiful city, without your luggage.